PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

As of April 17

Some people have been asking me for an update, but there's not too much to report. Laura has declined somewhat, meaning that she now has to be on morphine constantly for pain, since the cancer is evidently advancing. She is able to take a relatively low dosage, so she is still conscious and able to communicate, though she is usually extremely tired. She can do very little except rest and take a little nourishment--and pray, of course.

I am hoping to be able to visit her next week, to help with her final spiritual preparations for the Kingdom. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. This is a journey that we all have to make eventually, and it is the most important thing we'll ever do. Now is the time to begin living with an eye to eternity, that is, with our souls in right relationship with God, for death can come like a thief in the night...

I'll let you know more after I see her, God willing.

Abbot Joseph

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'll settle for a miracle of smiles. If I have to.

Thank you, Abbot Joseph. Please give her and her loved ones a gentle hug from us.

We'll keep you in prayer, too.

Love,
Carol

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Father Joseph.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Abbot. Please give Laura a token of my love and dedication. She is very lucky to have you to help her. God bless you.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you will be able to see Laura, Abbot Joseph. I wish we could all be there to take turns sitting quietly by her bed.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, one of us would alternate between trip-sprawling into the room, and bursting into tears. I suspect Laura wouldn't mind either the laughing or the crying.

Lord Jesus, may there be Your most Personal salving of any pain.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home