PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm Still Here

It's been a long time since I've posted. I was gone for about 5 weeks and since I've returned home I haven't been feeling too well. I hope to start up again soon, but just wanted to let you know that I'm still here.

Please pray for me. My current blood tests have been good, but I think the traveling was a bit too much. It's taking a long time to recover. But, the Lord knows what's best and that is what matters.

May he strengthen us with his everlasting love.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying, Laura.

Love,
Carol

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, Laura. Rest up!

4:50 PM  
Blogger teresa_anawim said...

I am praying for you, Laura.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

Good to hear from you.

--Alan

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I've been meaning to tell you that more and more I pray what you suggested, the Jesus Prayer, and you're right..it makes an astounding difference. Thank you so much.

Love,
Carol

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, I was able to stop into a church on my way to work this morning, and I lit a candle for you. The candles were right in front of a statue of Jesus and His Sacred Heart. Praying for you.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps like many, I'll be "bringing" you to Mass with me today. Delicious Bread, there.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much. I really needed the prayers as I ended up in the hospital this week for a couple of days. I'll write about it in one of my next posts. I've also passed the one year mark, which was March 29th. But, it looks like the cancer is progressing. We'll see what the Lord has in store.

Have a wonderful blessed Holy Week and again I can't thank you enough for your prayers. I love you all. May the Lord keep you safe and well in His love.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And may He keep our Laura going for 30 years more, tho' not ill. Amen.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs, Laura.

fmn

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home