PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

God is Good

I wanted to give you an update on my current health condition. I went to the doctor on Jan. 2nd for a regular follow up visit. I no longer see my oncologist, but I do have a primary care physician here in Anacortes that I see about once every two months.

Last November, a blood draw was taken and he said that the results were better than those of the previous draw back in June. This visit I was told that I was remarkable! The nurse said, "You are a walking miracle!" To which I replied, "God is good."

It is important to share all the good things that God does for us. In the medical world, I have far exceeded their expectations and they have no explanation as to why. But for those who have faith, this is just a prime example of God's work. We have prayed and He has answered according to his plan.

It is also important for me not to lose sight of what I have learned so far, and that is to always remember that He is in control of my health and that I must continue to walk in his ways so that others will see that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life for us all.

So let us give glory to God for all his wonderful gifts and answer to prayer and let us keep moving in the direction of the heavenly kingdom, not waivering in our faith. For He is always with us to guide us in every situation that he gives to us.

Praised be Jesus Christ both now and forever and unto ages of ages!

7 Comments:

Blogger myosotis said...

Oh, Laura! What wonderful news! God love you and bless you!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

This is good news. I'll keep praying for your health.

Peace,

Alan

2:55 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Peace be with you, Laura, and thank you for sharing this happy news.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Peace be with all of you. Thank you for your heartfelt prayers.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, amen, but Laura, are they saying that the progress of cancer is reversing? Oh, I hope so I hope so I hope so! It is a very sad thing, the saddest, for someone to have to leave the world, sad for those all around, devastating; the only alrightness in it is because we go to God, especially if it has been preceded by suffering. What a hard thing to accept, and as John Donne says, Ask not for whom the bell tolls.. no man nor woman is an island. We are part of you, and you of us, and we want you to remain, and while you do, we are with you in whatever ways we can be. You are His daughter, and we cannot be about telling Him that this illness is unconscionable..He sees through it to before and after. Whatever these better tests mean, God is your and our eternal Dad, and His wisdom be accomplished.. but holy mackerel, you are being healed??
:'-) We'll keep asking Him for more time and better health!

thank you for sharing yourself in a time that most keep so quiet.. thank you, you sweet lovely and very loved girl.

Love,
Carol

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news indeed! May God continue to keep you in good health and keep you close to Him. BTW, the title of your post was a frequent saying of my Mom, who went home to God quite a few years ago. It's one of my favourite expressions as well, because it sums up just Who God is, and just what His plans for us are. God bless you, dear Laura. I'll keep you in prayer. Regards from Canada, Patricia Gonzalez

8:48 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

It is lovely to read about your faith in God as good!

I am just beginning my journey...I am awaiting a diagnosis right now, for possible ovarian cancer. I have gained much from reading your blog today, and would love to link you, with your permission.

I will also pray for you, for you have given me much hope.

God bless,
AutumnRose xx
www.iamhisbeloved.wordpress.com

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home