PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

God With Us

What can be said about the love of the Lord that can change hearts? Perhaps if we stop and listen in silence, we will hear his sweet voice crying out to us from the manger. An infant, God comes to earth, trusting that those He has chosen will care for him and love him.

During this season of Advent, in preparation for the Lord's coming, I went to Mt. Tabor for a short visit. As always, it was very edifying. I prayed a lot for those who have asked me to pray for specific situations. I prayed for miracles, for patient endurance, for clear and right decernment and for the souls of many who are lost.

I was blessed by the company of several friends that I've met at Mt. Tabor over the past few years as well as by the company of the monks and especially Fr. Abbot. He blessed me with a copy of his new book, "Joy Comes the Dawn" which is not only spiritually enlightening, but a reflection of true Christianity.

I have experienced God in so many ways over the past couple of years that it has become hard for me to imagine Him not being with us. But there was a time long ago when He had not come in the flesh, but promised that he would redeem all mankind. So in His perfect time, He came as one of us, an infant needing to be cared for. How special were those He chose for this task. How carefully He planned his birth.

And here we are, 2000 years later, experiencing the reality of God with us. If you are not experiencing this reality, then I suggest you sit quietly and open the scriptures. Read the historical reality of this incredible birth. Read the prophecies in Isaiah and Malachi. Read the Gospel accounts in Matthew and Luke. Then read the Gospel of John. One cannot read these sacred writings without experiencing God with us.

May the peace of Christ be with all of you during this beautiful season when we celebrate his birth and may we sing with the multitude of angels, Glory to God in the Highest and Peace to His people on earth!

Christ is born! Glorify Him!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Christ is born! A merry, happy, holy, peaceful, cheesecake-filled Christmas season to you and yours, lovely Laura.

11:47 PM  
Blogger myosotis said...

God bless you Laura. Our Christmas day is drawing to a close, while yours must be in full swing. May your day be peaceful and full of wonderful events which will make future memories.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you and may God grant us many more.

And may He grant both of you the desires of your heart.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home