PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Icons

Recently I was asked about my iconography. So there is now a site where some of my work can be seen. If you would like to take a look go to http://lauras-icons.blogspot.com/

6 Comments:

Blogger myosotis said...

Laura these are stupendous works of art. Thanks for sharing them!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops!

These are exquisite, Laura.. Your choices of colors are just so unique and vivacious. Whew!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Very nice icons! I like icons a lot. For my blog, I made a header of Jesuit-inspired icons created by Fr WIlliam Hart McNichols, SJ. And I just posted a picture of an Ignatius icon painted by Meltem Atkas.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Laura, they are so very beautiful. Thank you for showing us; what a gift you have, and are.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for your kind comments. These Holy Images should remind us of the "other world" so to speak where the Trinity dwells with the most holy Mother of God and all the angels and saints. They are truly "windows to heaven."

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home