PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Complete Trust

Today is the Feast of the Dormition of Our Lady, or in the Latin Rite, the Feast of the Assumption. I would like to take this time to say a little bit about Our Lady.

What can I say that could possibly describe her complete trust in God? I do not have the words, but St. Nickolai Velimirovic puts it quite beautifully:

“Out of extreme humility, she commended herself to God, and did not trust in her own deeds.”

This year the Dormition of Our Lady has a special meaning for me. I have reflected on her death as something very beautiful. Her greatest desire was to be with her Son. How wonderful it must have been to have Him meet her soul at its departure from this life and to take her, body and soul, into his kingdom for eternity.

Her life was one of complete trust in the Will of God and her reward was eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven. She is truly the model of perfection that is pleasing to God.

Somehow, thinking about her death is comforting to me and takes away the fear of letting go. I pray that at the hour of my death she will be there to comfort my soul and to take me to the kingdom of her Son.

“Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is truly beautiful. :-)

7:46 PM  
Blogger myosotis said...

Laura I have no doubt that not only is she already holding your hand, but she's holding you in her arms, like the Pietà. She'll carry you through this. She truly will.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home