PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Father's Day

In my room I have a beautiful photo of a sunset which was taken here in Washington and given to me as a Christmas present. I've always liked having this hung on a wall near my bed so that it's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. It reminds me of God the Father.

So on this Father's Day, I would like to take a moment to reflect on the Heavenly Father. What do we know of Him? What Christ says is that He and the Father are one, if we see Him, we see the Father. So in reading the life of Christ in the Scriptures, we can get a glimpse of the Father.

He also says that it is the Father's pleasure to give us the Heavenly Kingdom. May we all be prepared to receive it when He calls us to Himself.

The following Psalm tells of the great love the Heavenly Father has for us and the response that He rightly deserves from all of his creation, especially from us who through Christ have become worthy to call him Father.

My soul give thanks to the Lord,
all my being, bless his holy name.
My soul give thanks to the Lord
and never forget all his blessings.

It is He who forgives all your guilt,
who heals every one of your ills,
who redeems your life from the grave,
who crowns you with love and compassion,
who fills your life with good things,
renewing your youth like an eagle's.

The Lord does deeds of justice,
gives judgment for all who are oppressed.

The Lord is compassion and love,
slow to anger and rich in mercy.
He does not treat us according to our sins
nor repay us according to our faults.

For as the heavens are high above the earth
so strong is his love for those who fear him.
As far as east is from the west
so far does He remove our sins.

As a father has compassion on his sons,
the Lord has pity on those who fear him;
for He knows of what we are made,
He remembers that we are dust.

As for man, his days are like grass;
he flowers like the flower of the field;
the wind blows and he is gone
and his place never sees him again.

But the love of the Lord is everlasting
upon those who hold him in fear;
his justice reaches out to children's children
when they keep his covenant in truth,
when they keep his will in their mind.

The Lord has set his sway in heaven
and his kingdom is ruling over all.
Give thanks to the Lord, all his angels,
mighty in power, fulfilling his word,
who heed the voice of his word.

Give thanks to the Lord, all his hosts,
his servants who do his will.
Give thanks the Lord, all his works,
in every place where he rules.
My soul give thanks to the Lord!

Psalm 102/103

Thank you Heavenly Father, may your Name be glorified forever!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

Laura, you said
He also says that it is the Father's pleasure to give us the Heavenly Kingdom. May we all be prepared to receive it when He calls us to Himself.

I wonder if there is a certain reason why you put it that way-- "prepared to receive it"..

With love, peace, prayer, virtual cheesecake, and a hope that you have found some feeling-good quality time,
H

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home