PREPARE FOR THE KINGDOM

In this life there are many things to prepare for, but the most important is for our entrance into the kingdom of heaven. I will take you with me, should you want to come along, on my personal journey to the door which will lead to eternity, through which every soul must pass. Where the angel of death waits to ask the all important question, "Are you prepared for the Kingdom?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States

Two years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was one of the fortunate ones who survived surgery along with chemo/radiation treatments. Recently, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and although I am again on chemotherapy, in all probability I have perhaps one more year to live. During these last months I would like to share what I have learned about the most important thing we'll ever do in this life and that is, prepare for the kingdom of God.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Prayer For Healing

Last night I had the most awesome experience. I went to a meeting of the St. Joseph’s Prayer Ministry here in our Parish and during our group prayer, Sister Mary Matthew who leads the group brought out a relic of the True Cross, which she has inside of a beautiful crucifix.

She spoke of the many healings she has seen when people were prayed over with this relic, specifically those with cancer. As I sat there listening, I knew this was meant for me to hear. I started to feel like something was going to happen. Just then one of the other women in the group looked at me and said, “I’ll bet you would like this to happen for you.” I said, “I certainly would.”

So Sister Matthew handed me the crucifix with the relic inside and I held it to the area of my body where the cancer is. I felt warmth from the crucifix and the tears rolled down my face. Then, the other group leader said to Sister, “This is very powerful, do you feel it.” Sister responded, “Yes, I do.” So they both stood up and came over and prayed for a complete healing and a deep peace for me. Sister also made it very clear that healings take place in the Lord’s perfect timing.

I want to emphasize that none of this was planned. I have been to several of these meetings and this was the first time that I know of, that the relic of the True Cross was shown to the group.

Of course, time will tell exactly what the Lord has in mind. But I’ve got to say this was so unexpected. I feel very privileged to have had this opportunity. God has so many surprise gifts for us. This was truly one of them.

Thank you all for your prayers for me. I would like to stay here for a while longer if I can. Let’s see what the Lord does.

Today I will begin a new icon, and which one does it happen to be...The Crucifixion.

May God’s will be done in all of our lives.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

Oh, Laura, my prayers are with you, with you still. Thank you for telling us this, and thank you for sharing that your response was, "I certainly would." It makes it easier to pray with a complete focus on healing, knowing what your wishes are. God bless you, and may the Spirit lead you where He will in the writing of your new icon.

7:16 PM  
Blogger myosotis said...

Amen Laura, and Gabrielle.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew.. I just got the shivers.

Please, Lord.. You have given her the gift of iconography.. You know how long we'd like to enjoy that. You've given her the gift of touching the Wood that Your sacred Body touched. A one in a million experience. We know the Reason for it all is Love, and we probably shouldn't ask for more than has been given, but we do. How can we not? Please, Lord..

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

May God continue to purify your soul and reproduce the image of his beloved Son in you.

You are reflecting God's glory so clearly that many of us are being touched.

Your continued presence among us would be most wonderful.

Almighty Father, for your glory's sake, and, as a gift of kindness to us, would you kindly continue your work in Laura's life on this side of the veil for another decade, or two or three? In the name of our sweeyt Savior, Jesus. Amen

--Alan

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

And I can hardly wait to see this icon.. whew..


Love,
H

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Lord, amen.
michaelk borussia

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home